European guarantee terms
European guarantee terms
Thank you for purchasing Keycard. We hope you will be happy using it.
In the unlikely event that your product needs guarantee service, please go to https://getkeycard.myreturnscenter.com/ .To avoid any unnecessary inconvenience on your part, we recommend that you read the instruction manual carefully before seeking guarantee service.
This Guarantee applies to your Keycard product if stated in the leaflets that accompanied your product, provided that it was purchased from Status Research & Development Deutschland GmbH (Status) . By this Guarantee, Status Research & Development Deutschland GmbH guarantees the product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the date of original purchase for a period of TWO YEARS from that date. If within the guarantee period the product is determined to be defective (at the date of original purchase) due to improper materials or workmanship, Status will, without charge for labour or parts, repair or (at Status discretion) replace the product or its defective parts subject to the terms and limitations below. Status may replace defective products or parts with new or refurbished products or parts. All products and parts replaced become the property of Status.
- Guarantee services will be provided only if the original invoice or sales receipt (indicating the date of purchase, model name) is presented with the defective product within the guarantee period. Status may refuse free-of-charge guarantee service if these documents are not presented or if they are incomplete or illegible. This Guarantee will not apply if the model name or serial number on the product has been altered, deleted, removed or made illegible.
- To avoid damage to or loss/erasure of removable data storage media or accessories, you must remove these before submitting your product for guarantee service.
- This Guarantee does not cover transport costs and risks associated with transport of your product to and from Status.
- This guarantee does not cover:
- periodic maintenance and repair or parts replacement due to wear and tear.
- consumables (components that are expected to require periodic replacement during the lifetime of a product such as non-rechargeable batteries, print cartridges, styli, bulbs, etc.).
- damage or defects caused by use, operation or treatment of the product inconsistent with normal personal or domestic use.
- damage or changes to the product as a result of :
- misuse, including:
- treatment resulting in physical, cosmetic or surface damage or changes to the product - failure to install or use the product for its normal purpose or in accordance with Status instructions on installation or use.
- failure to maintain the product in accordance with Status instructions on proper maintenance.
- installation or use of the product in a manner inconsistent with the technical or safety laws or standards in the country where it is installed or used.
- virus infections or use of the product with software not provided with the product or incorrectly installed software.
- the condition of or defects in systems with which the product is used or incorporated except other Status products designed to be used with the product.
- use of the product with accessories, peripheral equipment and other products of a type, condition and standard other than prescribed by Status.
- repair or attempted repair by persons who are not Status
- adjustments or adaptations without Status prior written consent, including:
- upgrading the product beyond specifications or features described in the instruction manual, or
- modifications to the product to conform it to national or local technical or safety standards in countries other than those for which the product was specifically designed and manufactured.
- Accidents, fire, liquids, chemicals, other substances, flooding, vibrations, excessive heat, improper ventilation, power surges, excess or incorrect supply or input voltage, radiation, electrostatic discharges including lighting, other external forces and impacts.
- This guarantee covers only hardware components of the product. It does not cover software (whether of Status or others) for which an end-user license agreement or separate warranty/guarantee statements or exclusions are provided or intended to apply.
Exclusions and limitations
Except as stated above, Status makes no guarantee (express, implied, statutory or otherwise) regarding product or accompanying or constituent software quality, performance, accuracy, reliability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise. If this exclusion is not permitted or fully permitted by applicable law, Status excludes or limits its Guarantee only to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. Any warranty that cannot be fully excluded will be limited (as far as permitted by applicable law) to the duration of this Guarantee. Status only obligation under this Guarantee is to repair or replace products subject to these Guarantee terms and conditions.
Status is not liable for any loss or damage relating to products, service, this Guarantee or otherwise, including - economic or intangible losses - the price paid for the product - loss of profits, revenue, data, enjoyment or use of the product or any associated products - indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage. This applies whether that loss or damage relates to: impaired or non-operation of the product or associated products through defects or unavailability while with Status, which caused downtime, loss of user time or business interruption inaccuracy of output from the product or associated products damage to or loss of software programs or removable data storage media, or virus infections and other causes. This applies to loss and damages under any legal theory, including negligence and other torts, breach of contract, express or implied Guarantee, and strict liability (even where Status has been advised of the possibility of such damages). Where applicable law prohibits or limits these liability exclusions, Status excludes or limits its liability only to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. For example, some countries prohibit the exclusion or limitation of damages resulting from negligence, gross negligence, wilful misconduct, deceit and similar acts. Status liability under this guarantee will in no case exceed the price paid for the product, but if applicable law permits only higher liability limitations, the higher limitations apply.
Your legal rights reserved
Consumers have legal (statutory) rights under applicable national laws relating to the sale of consumer products. This guarantee does not affect statutory rights you may have nor those rights that cannot be excluded or limited, nor rights against the person from whom you purchased the product. You may assert any rights you have at your sole discretion.
Status R&D Deutschland GmbH